The Seven-Stage Buyer Approach
Buying a property can be a stressful and time-consuming process. At The Rivas Group, we take a client-centered approach to ensure that your needs and schedule are top priority. It doesn't matter whether it's a "buyer's market" or a "seller's market". There is always fierce competition in the housing market for the qualified buyers who are out looking. Buyers need proactive, experienced representation to get their offers in the right way, right on time. Our results certainly prove that we are one of the best teams in Atlantic County at getting the job done. Here are the steps we use to accomplish this:
7 Stage Buyer Approach
1. Planning and Preparation: The first phase of the process involves assessing your needs and goals for buying a home. This includes determining your budget, location preferences, and other key factors that will impact your decision. You should start to prepare your current property for sale if you are also selling. Your agent is very accustomed to seeing clients through this phase and can help you identify needs that you may not have considered.
2. Preapproval/Prequalification: If you need financing to purchase your home, there is an ever-changing menu of options for you. If needed, we have connections with trusted lenders and up to date information on financing programs that could make your dreams a reality.
3. Property Search: The next phase involves searching for properties that meet your criteria. This means touring homes, attending open houses, and working with your agent to identify properties that check your boxes. Your agent will be able to provide important neighborhood data that will be of interest to you in this area.
4. Negotiation: Once you find a property that meets your needs, we submit an offer on your behalf. This is when you and the seller negotiate the terms of the purchase, including the price, contingencies, and closing date. In this respect, your agent will be your advocate and act with your best interests in mind.
5. Contract and Closing: Once the terms are agreed upon, the contract is signed by both parties. The we begin inspections, appraisals, and finalizing the mortgage or financing. We have a full-time back-office team to coordinate the transaction. We can also connect you with trusted service vendors we have worked with often that can get the job done quickly and properly.
6. Moving and Transition: In this phase you are ready to move into your new home! While exciting, there is a lot to do and usually within a limited timeframe. Your real estate agent can help you navigate it efficiently.
7. Follow-up: The final phase involves following up with your agent after the sale or purchase is complete. This includes finalizing any loose ends, such as transferring utilities to your name. We are with you until the very end!